A touch of genius.
When power is a prerequisite, students use MacBook Pro. With cutting-edge graphics and high-performance processors and storage, it’s a notebook built to handle everything from particle simulations to film editing to compiling code. And with a gorgeous Retina display, secure Touch ID, and built-in apps for creativity and productivity, MacBook Pro is built for learning at its highest level.
MacBook Pro 13-inch features a quad-core Intel processor for up to 90 percent faster performance. A brilliant and colorful Retina display with True Tone technology for a more comfortable viewing experience. Touch ID. An Apple-designed keyboard. And dynamic, contextual controls with the Touch Bar. So you can take productivity to the next level.
Expand your view of everything on MacBook Pro thanks to a larger 16-inch Retina display with sharper pixel resolution and up to 500 nits of brightness. Harness the power of 6- or 8-core processors and AMD Radeon Pro 5000M series graphics with up to 8GB of GDDR6 memory, together with an optimized thermal architecture for groundbreaking performance. Featuring up to 64GB of 2666MHz memory and up to 8TB of storage. Touch ID and the Touch Bar. And all-day battery life. Designed for pros who put performance above all else, MacBook Pro gives you the power to accomplish anything, anywhere.
Subject to availability.
1. Touch Bar is available on select models.
2. Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 256GB SSD and 16GB of RAM; preproduction 3.1GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 512GB SSD and 8GB of RAM; and preproduction 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 1TB SSD and 8GB of RAM. The wireless web test measures battery life by wirelessly browsing 25 popular websites with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The iTunes movie playback test measures battery life by playing back HD 1080p content with display brightness set to 12 clicks from bottom or 75%. The standby test measures battery life by allowing a system, connected to a wireless network and signed in to an iCloud account, to enter standby mode with Safari and Mail applications launched and all system settings left at default. Battery life varies by use and configuration. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
3. Testing conducted by Apple in May 2017 using preproduction 3.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i7-based 15-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 2TB SSD and 16GB of RAM; preproduction 3.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 512GB SSD and 16GB of RAM; and preproduction 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i7-based 13-inch MacBook Pro systems with a 512GB SSD and 16GB of RAM. Tested with FIO-2.19, 1024KB request size, 150GB test file and IO depth=8. MacBook Pro continuously monitors system thermal and power conditions, and may adjust performance as needed to maintain optimal system operation.
4. Compared with the previous generation.
5. iCloud requires an iCloud-enabled device. Some features require iOS 10 and macOS Sierra. Some features require a Wi-Fi connection. Some features are not available in all countries or regions. Access to some services is limited to 10 devices.